(a) Take enough copies of the survey sheet in Appendix 95 or an alternative sheet.
(b) Use separate survey sheets for separate one-way vehicle trips if your service unit has more than one one-way vehicle trip.
(c) Use additional survey sheets if needed for a given one-way trip.
(d) Board the transit vehicle at the beginning point of the service unit and position yourself so that you can observe the doors for which you are responsible.
(e) Before the vehicle leaves the beginning point, record:
(1) Stop #1 in column (7),
(2) stop description of the beginning point in column (8),
(3) odometer reading to at least one-tenth of a mile in column (9),
(4) number of passengers who have stayed onboard from the last trip (13), and
(5) number of passengers boarded in (10), including the passengers who have stayed onboard from the last trip in (e)(4).
(f) When the vehicle leaves the beginning point, record the number of passengers onboard in column (12), including any passengers who have stayed onboard from the last trip.
(g) Only at points where the vehicle stops during the service unit, record:
(1) stop number in (7),
(2) stop description in (8),
(3) odometer reading (from the driver) in (9),
(4) passengers boarded in (10), and
(5) passengers alighted in (11).
(h) Between stops, count the number of passengers on board (12). You should record this number as the leaving load. For example, between stops 2 and 3 you should record this number in the row for stop 2 rather than in the row for stop 3.
(i) At the end point of each one-way trip, record the number of passengers who will stay on board to the next trip in column (14) and in column (11) as passengers alighted.